Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cupid's Kissing Scene Competition-Here Comes the Sun



This scene is brought to you by Cupid's Kissing Scene Competition, which can be located here. The italics are my lead-in.  Enjoy.:)

Here Comes the Sun
During a game of "5 Things" ( a bit like truth or dare in which each person needs to admit 5 things about himself, #5 being light and #1 being the doozy), Brant decides to use his #2 to tell Natalie that it was he who's had a crush on her since they arrived on British soil.  He uses # 1 to......         

            “You?”

            “Me.” He shrugs. “Yea, sorry if I got your hopes up.” He grins and I nearly fall against him in happiness. “I didn't know everyone then, besides, well, my group. You just, I don't know, awakened something in me with a single look. Do you know that I went looking for you at Conwy Castle that day, thinking of anything to say to you that would make you talk to me?”

            I think I just died and went to heaven. Or at least was just lifted up from Hades. Horrible place.

            “Is that your number one?”

            He looks taken aback, but quickly composes himself with a quick shake of his head. “No. My number one, and you'll have to forgive me right now, is that I brought you on this ferris wheel today so that,” he stops, his eyes traveling my lips and I almost know what's coming. 
           Almost.

            I hear my voice, but I don't even realize I'm speaking. My heart is thwacking hard against my chest, seemingly trying to crack my ribs. The words come out so softly that even I find them inaudible. “So that what?”

            He pauses, just for a moment. “So that I can do this.” And before my body and mind can react, he leans down and spreads feathery light kisses across my lips. With his hands encircling me, he pulls me in closer, our frantic hearts beating together. And the more he kisses me, the more I want. I follow his lead and with my hands, I encircle his head, my hands weaving through his hair. Our kiss deepens. He tastes like mint, his lips are warm and moist, and I give and take as much as I can.

            When I finally run out of air we pull apart, our eyes wide in a fresh excitement and our mouths open, gasping for more. But with no explanation needed, no words to be spoken, I drop my head onto his chest and watch as night falls on the city of London.



24 comments:

  1. I really liked this. Your lead-in is really cute too. I like the premise. I think you did a good job of showing how excited Natalie feels about Brant's revelation. The kiss was a really sweet first kiss. I like how you said she breaks away to come up for air.

    Good luck with this!

    My post is #42 if you want to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I finally got around to checking out yours as well.:)

      Delete
  2. This is a cute entry. I like their first kiss and I like how they kiss because of the game. Good job. Mine is #7 if you wanted to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. I've finally found time to check out other entries tonight. Good luck with the contest!

      Delete
  3. The premise of this is just killer-cute. And a ferris-wheel setting? It sends it over the top! *wheeeee!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brant is just plain swoon-worthy, and put him and Natalie together, they are too sweet and perfect for words. I love this scene without bias. ;-) Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And same to you. I look forward to hopefully reading more of your story.:)

      Delete
  5. This was a joy to read! I second Maggie's note on this scene being completely swoon-worthy. Both characters are so cute--who wouldn't want them to end up together?

    Fantastic scene! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is rather adorable. My favourite bit is the final line, which is lovely in its simplicity. I do want to know what happens to these characters, though I'm not usually a fan of romance. You manage to reveal a lot about these two people in a short time. The only jarring bit is the word "thwacking," which just pulls me right out of the story. Otherwise, the scene is very enjoyable.

    I'm Kari (#20). Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to hit up thesaurus for a better term than thwacking.:)

      Good luck as well!

      Delete
  7. "I give and take as much as I can." What a great line and such a swoony scene! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, this is so sweet! I think what I liked best was that he's been crushing on her a while and actually planned out to get her alone on the ferris wheel so he could kiss her (but not in a creepy force-himself-on-her type way). That he seems almost embarrassed to admit it. This feels so genuine, I totally remember feeling acutely self-conscious whenever professing my feelings to the object of my desire when I was that age. Great scene! --Saybe (#23)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the sweetest scene! Are they on the Eye in London? If so, it would be so great to get more of a look and feel, maybe mention that part of his plan included the fact that it is a 30-minute ride (although you would also have to explain how he arranged for them to have the whole carriage to themselves). Even if a conventional ferris wheel, it would be fun to have some of the stop/start/swing motion incorporated into the scene. But the overall writing, and setting that first kiss on a ferris wheel is pure genius. Thanks for including, and I can't wait to read more about this couple.
    --Barb (#38)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Barb! Thanks for the comment. And yes, it is the Eye of London. And sadly for them both, people are surrounding them.:)

      Good luck as well!:)

      Delete
  10. Kissing expert here! Such a sweet scene! Love that they are on a Ferris wheel in London.

    Sweetest kiss: Sugar Lips Award

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Kissing Expert Here*

    I'm swooning. You have me SWOONING over this because it's so cute and awkward and awesome and just...gah.

    SWOONING AWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really sweet scene. I love that it is on a ferris wheel and like Barb, I was wondering if it was the Eye of London (I feel super happy that I get to know the answer since someone asked the question before me).

    I think the mix of a little shyness is really sweet. I'd keep reading.

    -Amber (#41)
    My Kissing Scene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw! This one is so sweet! I love the setting and the set up, too! Well done!

    Larissa (#47)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet! I love the awkwardness between them. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. I like how uncomfortable things are between them before the kissing and how that all just melts away...

    ReplyDelete